Tuesday 25 June 2013

My Top 5 Must Have Winter Products

Coming up to July we'll be in the second month of Winter and already there's been a little bit of snow. So with cold weather all around it's time to pull out the essential products for winter. Even if it's not winter where you are yet then you can hopefully still enjoy this in preparation for when it is! :) So here are my Top 5 (in no particular order) must haves for winter:

1. EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere - Sweet Mint

If you're like me, winter brings along chapped lips :( although there are many great lip balms out there (honorable mention to Baby Lips!) I consider the EOS sphere's to be the best for giving back moisture to your lips.

Why? The sphere application makes it easy to smother all over your lips to give full moisture. The lip balm isn't sticky so your hair won't get caught in it and it's pretty cute packaging with y'know being round and all. There are lots of flavors but for winter I consider Sweet Mint to be the best because it's not a floral scent and feels fresh when you're out in the cold.

Evolution of Smooth (EOS) Lip Balm Smooth Sphere in Sweet Mint


2. The Body Shop Chocomania Shower Cream


In the winter I prefer using shower creams - shower gels are always floral and refreshing which suits summer more. So my number one choice for shower creams is Chocomania from the body shop. 

Why? On a cold winter's night it's so inviting to sit down and snack on some delicious milk chocolate while sipping on a warm hot chocolate. Of course this would be unhealthy to indulge in every night, so wash yourself with the delicious scent and smoothness of chocolate instead!


The Body Shop Chocomania Shower Cream


3. Maybelline Hyper Diamonds Eye Shadow - Charcoal Diamonds

Winter is the perfect time to rock your smoky-eyed look and this winter my personal favorite eyeshadow palette is Maybelline's Charcoal Diamonds.

Why? The name "diamonds" is easily lived up to as Maybelline have provided 5 very beautiful sparkling charcoal colors. I love how the sponge applicator it comes with has a small thin side as well which makes application even easier. There's various shades of charcoal so the lighter colours can be used for a cold winters day and then the darker ones for a dark winter's night. Love!



Maybelline's Hyper Diamonds Eyeshadow in Charcoal Diamonds


4. Silver, Purple and Blue Glitter Nail Polishes

For this must-have I don't actually have a specific polish because there are so many great ones out there that you can use. Yes, glitter nail polish is possibly the most awful thing to remove out of all beauty products but it is definitely worth it for your winter look.

Why? It will add a bit of glittery glamour to your hands without looking tacky and give an extra sparkle to your outfit. Personally I like blues, purples and silvers for glittery winter nails but any darker glitter colors like a green would look great too.

My Favourite Winter Glitter Polishes L-R: OPI - Shimmer and Simmer, Etude House - Dear My Party Nails Halloween Day, OPI - Crown Me Already, China Glaze - Skyscraper, OPI - Absolutely Alice

5. The Body Shop - Wild Rose Hand Cream

Along with my chapped lips in winter I also get super dry hands. It feels horrible but luckily there's a quick fix, The Body Shop's Wild Rose Hand Cream.

Why? There's so many hand creams which work well but the best thing about this hand cream is it's really compact so you can keep it in your handbag. Someone gave me one of these as a gift so I ended up with two so I have one which I keep in my handbag and one I keep at home. It smells delicious and also has SPF in it which isn't really necessary in winter but a good addition all the same.

The Body Shop's Wild Rose Hand Cream



BONUS. Fudge Paint Box Hair Colour

"Fun" colors in hair is really popular this year so I thought I'd add Fudge's Paint Box hair products to the list as a bonus. Obviously this isn't a "must have" but it's still a really cool product and I think these colors are great for winter if you're wanting to colour your hair with some alternative colors.

Why? The application of these is probably the simplest dying of hair possible. All you need is some tinfoil which you place under the hair you want to colour, then you squeeze some colour out of the tube, rub it on your hair with gloves, wrap it up in the tinfoil and voila, 15 minutes later you'll have pretty colored hair :) The colours I've picked for winter are Blueberry Hill and Blue Velvet. These are both fun colours that are a bit darker so they are perfect for winter.


Fudge Paint Box's Blueberry Hill and Blue Velvet Hair Colour
So there is it! My Top 5 Must Haves for winter :) I hope you like them!!





No comments:

Post a Comment