Monday 3 June 2013

Etude House Nail Polish - Pajama Party (파자마파티) Review

Last year while I was in South Korea I enjoyed myself immensely shopping through all the pretty beauty shops and as a result I bought home gorgeous cosmetics. So today I thought I'd pull out one of the polishes I'd bought but hadn't tried yet and give it a review. I bought this polish at one of my favorite Korean cosmetic stores, Etude House and it's from the Dear My Party Nails collection. This specific polish is named Pajama Party :)




I absolutely adore the name of this polish, Pajama Party. It's such a cute name and definitely suits the colour - I can totally imagine myself wearing pajamas with this pattern to a sleepover.

 

As you can see below the cost of Pajama Party was super affordable too, 3000! (Which is about $2.50USD) How great is that? In my country a polish of this quality would be at least $20 (about $15USD)



I love the packaging of this polish. The classic Etude House style lid (that looks to me like a flower) and the fact it is pink is very cute.

Results: 

One Coat of Pajama Party
Two Coats of Pajama Party
Three Coats of Pajama Party plus Top Coat

For some reason I expected the formula to be difficult to work with but boy was I wrong. Pajama Party applied like a dream which completely surprised me since usually polishes with sparkles, glitter, flakes etc. inside them are often gloopy and a big mess to work with. This polish was nothing like this! Yay! The only thing you have to watch when applying this is to sweep the brush around to get all the sparkly, flaky bits around the nail evenly.

After the first coat I was a bit worried that the polish might require a high amount of coats to not be opaque anymore but after the second coat I realized it actually wasn't going to be an issue. 3 coats got it to a perfect look. Although there was still visible nail line I felt like it didn't need anymore than 3 coats since it was a colour that suited having the nail line showing. After I applied a top coat I was really pleased with what the finished product looked like.

Strangely, in the bottle the polish looks green yet on the nails it comes out a dark milky colour. I actually really liked how it came out a dark milky colour because it gives a more clean look and the dark milkiness makes it suitable for winter. I feel like if the polish had actually come out green it might have looked slightly childish but the milky colour gives it a more sophisticated edge along with the fun aspect from the sparkles and flakes.

Like all glitter nail polishes, Pajama Party was on the more difficult side to remove, however since there isn't that much flakes in the polish it was nothing too painful to remove and I would say it took me about 30 seconds of intense rubbing to remove each nail which isn't too bad for a glitter polish. Usually I don't bother wearing glitters just because of the hassle of removal but since this one wasn't too bad I would easily wear it without worrying about removal.

PS - Sorry for the short length of my nails! I had to cut them about a week ago :(

Final Verdict:

-The packaging of this Nail Polish is super cute

-The application of the Polish is easy

-Affordable and great quality formula

-Gives your nails a clean look with a bit of flair 

-It has now become one of my favorite polishes! I will definitely wear it again :)

Loving Pajama Party!

Note: Other products I used for this swatch were: 

- Manicare Base Coat Plus Strengthener
- OPI Top Coat
- Health Basics Nourish Nail Polish Remover Acetone Formula


2 comments: