Saturday 15 June 2013

E-Heart False Eyelashes - Type 002 Mermaid Eye (伊心x飛小橘假睫毛 002 美人魚) Review

Time for a review on E-Heart false eyelashes! These come from Taiwan and while I believe you can buy them online I think the only place you can actually physically go into a shop and buy them is Taiwan. So when either my boyfriend goes back there (or if I go with him) I stock up on them! So today I'll review the Type 002 - Mermaid Eye. This was my first time trying the Mermaid Eye :)



I love the packaging with E-Heart a lot. It's pretty and the best part is that it's really easy to store because it's so thin. The value of E-Heart lashes is absolutely great, you get 5 pairs of lashes for 279TWD (about $9USD) Most of the brands over here are that price just for one pair! As you can see the 5 pairs of lashes aren't all exactly the same though, they increase in volume, so there's the option of less-voluptuous lashes if it's for a more casual look.


The band on the lashes is really thick and I much prefer using thick bands - they are so much easier to apply. I kind of struggle even to put on lashes with thin bands. Note: there is some glue on the picture below! I took this after removing the lashes :) but you get the general idea of how thick the band is.


The Results:

Wearing E-Heart Type 002 Mermaid Eye


Looking the mirror, I thought these eyelashes looked really pretty from far-ish away, but up close they were a bit.. fake. Like you can see in the picture from looking down that they look a bit plastic and fake. I thought maybe it was just the lighting in the photo so I took some later:



So yes, they do look a little better and less fake in artificial light. But in natural light they are quite fake and obvious. I asked my boyfriend if he had noticed I was wearing falsies and he said he hadn't (usually he does notice with other types..) but another girl would probably notice straight away. I think the main cause of this is just the cheapness and quality of the lashes.

However, these lashes have a plus side too! They really do make my eyes look bigger and open them up. They are also super pretty too :) The shape of them is also quite a natural shape, they're certainly not natural looking lashes, but the shape isn't too out there. 

The application is also super easy! Yay! I know most women keep away from falsies just because of the application scares them but these are really, really simple. They are probably the easiest lashes I've ever put on. Yay for a thick band!!

Overall, I think there are better types of lashes in the E-Heart series which I would buy over these, but I am happy with these nonetheless :) 

Final Verdict:

- Quite fake looking especially when you look down

- Really easy application

- Pretty look which opens your eyes up

- Nice shape

Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend everyone :)


No comments:

Post a Comment