Sunday 2 June 2013

~MASCARA MONDAY~ L'Oréal - False Lash Telescopic Mascara Review


Ive been seeing a lot of ads on TV for this new mascara by L'Oréal, False Lash Telescopic Mascara, so I thought Id buy it and give it a try. I purchased the Waterproof version.



My most favorite thing about beauty products is the packing and right from the beginning this mascara didnt disappoint. The box was pretty and I love how the tube looks like a telescope to match the name. 






So lets see how it does in the actual mascara-ing department. What does the box promise? The box promises length and no clumps. Apparently the wand has micro stretch fibres too. Personallly, I prefer the regular bristle wands rather than the plastic ones but really if it does the job well I don't mind all too much i just find regular ones easier to use and handle.




Results:



No mascara or curl!


Top: Curled Lashes - No Mascara
Bottom: Wearing L'Oreal's False Lash Telescopic Mascara



This mascara promised two things, length and no clumps. On my lashes I feel like the mascara only did one of these things – lengthen. As you can see, curling my lashes makes a HUGE difference and I feel that this mascara enhanced this really well. I was able to gain extra length really easily. The no clumping claim however I wasnt convinced by. Little clumps seemed to gather at the tips of my lashes which looked a bit odd. It wasnt a major issue but just a bit of a let down.

The name false lash was actually surprisingly fitting. Usually when a mascara claims it looks like falsies I dont even believe for a second it will be, however I was pleasantly surprised by this. I feel that this mascara comes pretty close to the natural falsies look. If youre more like me and you wear rather voluptuous falsies then you might be disappointed though - this look wont compare at all to your false lashes.

I would also say that this mascara definitely needs time to apply. If youre in a rush, pick a different one otherwise youll probably have lots of clumps.

Final Verdict: 

-I really really like this mascara and Im totally going to use it again. I love the beautiful, natural lash look it gives.

-It takes time to put on so Im not sure if it would be a good everyday mascara for me when Im in a rush in the mornings but for parties or weekends I would definitely use this.

-It was quite pricy at $30 in my country (about $24USD) but all makeup here isnt cheap and this was definitely worth that money.

-It was fairly easy to get off as well with waterproof remover.

-Needs to be applied with time to manage the clumps and separation of your lashes

-Beautiful Packaging



1 comment: